Singapore is Passion Made Possible
The Singapore Exhibition & Convention Bureau (SECB) is a part of the Singapore Tourism Board
- Singapore Tourism Board
- Southwest House
- 11a Regent Street
- SW1Y 4LR
- United Kingdom
- Telephone: +44 20 7484 2710
- Email: Louise_nathan@stb.gov.sg
- Website: https://www.visitsingapore.com/mice/en/
- National Languages: English , Mandarin , Malay , Tamil
- Time Zone: GMT+8
Singapore is a major air, sea and telecommunications hub in Asia. From its strategic position, it offers market access to 4 billion people within a 7-hour flight radius. With flights from 400 cities in 100 countries and territories, Singapore is easily accessible from anywhere around the world.
Changi International Airport receives almost 7,200 flights a week, providing convenience and effective connectivity for corporate travellers.
As for its infocomm services, Singapore is the most network-ready country in the world, with its broadband network reaching 99 per cent of the population. Data from Speedtest shows that Singapore ranks second in the world for broadband download speed (180.61 Mbps) and mobile download speed (44.37 Mbps).
Climate & Weather
It’s summer year round in Singapore. The climate is hot and humid with temperatures usually reaching over 28°C.
Abundant rainfall can be expected at any time, which can be torrential but brief. Pack your umbrella.
- 01/01/2020, New Year's Day
- 25/01/2020, Chinese New Year **
- 26/01/2020, Chinese New Year **
- 10/04/2020, Good Friday **
- 01/05/2020, Labour Day
- 07/05/2020, Vesak Day
- 24/05/2020, Hari Raya Puasa
- 25/05/2020, Public Holiday **
- 31/07/2020, Hari Raya Haji
- 09/08/2020, National Day
- 10/08/2020, Public Holiday **
- 14/11/2020, Deepavali
- 25/12/2020, Christmas Day
Playing host to world-class events throughout the year, Singapore welcomes you to plan your event in synergy with its exciting line-up. That way, your delegates can experience a truly rewarding stay filled with opportunities for knowledge exchange, collaboration and networking.
Besides exhibition centres and conference venues, you can also choose to hold your business events at one of the many leisure venues and facilities in Singapore, ranging from the iconic Gardens by the Bay, ArtScience Museum to Infinite Studios where similar to a film production, you can transform their soundstages in to a one of a kind location or set sail on the Royal Albatross and add a touch of glamour on the exclusive luxury charter yacht.
Most visitors to Singapore do not require a visa for entry. For more information on visa requirements and the Visa Free Transit Facility, you can check with the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority or the Singapore Overseas Mission closest to you. The period of stay granted will be shown on the visit pass endorsement in your passport.
For a smooth arrival experience, do view this video to learn about the immigration process.
Upon departure, you may use the enhanced Immigration Automated Clearance System (eIACS), which offers you express self-clearance immigration.
It is easy to get around in Singapore by public transport, with an extensive network of trains and buses. Safe and efficient, trains connect the major areas and run from 6am to midnight.
Taxis in Singapore are plentiful, comfortable, safe and easy to use.
Corporate Social Responsibility
As Asia’s Greenest City, Singapore sets the standard amongst other cities with the Sustainable Singapore Blueprint of 2015. It outlines the country’s national vision and plans for a more liveable and sustainable Singapore.
Go wild with your imagination and create your own cocktail or learn about Singapore’s kopi (coffee) culture in interactive workshops. Should you prefer team-building activities in Singapore why not participate in a Race to Remember or hone your skills for Dragon Boat racing. There are activities for all skillsets, fitness levels and plenty of possibilities to become who you want to be in Singapore.
Corporate Meetings Sample Programme
Set out on a journey to explore urban Singapore. These are 10 Must Dos to incorporate into your delegates’ itinerary to ensure that they experience a Singapore they have not seen before.
- Experience local breakfast consisting of soft-boiled eggs, toast with kaya (coconut jam) and local coffee (kopi) or tea (teh) at a kopitiam (coffeeshop)
- Commune with nature at Gardens by the Bay - take a walk 22 metres above ground at the Supertrees vertical gardens or marvel at the world’s tallest indoor waterfalls in the Cloud Forest at this award-winning horticultural park
- Experience Sentosa Island - aside from pristine beaches and top-notch dining, let delegates try their hand at thrilling rides at Universal Studios Singapore®, indoor skydiving at iFly Singapore or flow boarding at Wave House Sentosa
- Spend a day in Pulau Ubin - hop on a bumboat and head to the neighbouring island of Pulau Ubin. Delegates will enjoy admiring abundant wildlife at the Chek Jawa Wetlands, and let them step back in time to spot Singapore’s last remaining kampongs (Malay hamlets or villages)
- Explore cultural precincts - compact and convenient, Singapore is an exciting collection of distinct neighborhoods that offers delegates a unique opportunity to combine business with leisure and cultural indulgence
- Cruise down the Singapore River - delegates will enjoy taking a scenic ride down the Singapore River, hitting all the hottest riverside spots like Clarke Quay, Boat Quay, Esplanade and Bayfront South
- Walk on the wild side - let your delegates get up close and personal with the animal kingdom at The Singapore Zoo and River Safari. Cosy up to resident giant pandas Kai Kai and Jia Jia by day, then hit the Night Safari
- For a sundowner - encourage your delegates to let down their hair while getting unbeatable 360o views of the city by indulging in some rooftop bar action at CÉ LA VI, Lantern, LeVeL33 and 1-Altitude
- Special-interest tours - let your delegates further enrich their knowledge by attending our special-interest tours such as the Singapore City Gallery tour that brings them through the city’s interesting history of planning and development
- World-class events and festivals - Singapore plays host to world-class events throughout the year, plan your event in synergy with our exciting line-up and your delegates can experience a truly rewarding stay.
For further information: www.visitsingapore.com/mice/en/plan-your-event/experience-singapore/
Incentive Sample Programme
In Singapore Incentives & Rewards (INSPIRE)
An incentive programme initiated by the Singapore Tourism Board to attract potential visitors from the global Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) sector. In partnership with 29 local Singapore businesses, global INSPIRE offers a selection of over 60 complimentary experiences that qualified MICE groups visiting Singapore can enjoy.
The new global INSPIRE incentive programme serves up a wide range of specially designed experiences for MICE groups, catering to small and mid-size groups from all parts of the world. Specially created by passionate experts and mavens in various fields, these experiences are designed to delight and thrill visitors to Singapore. INSPIRE offers 63 unique experiences under four broad categories, namely: Singapore’s dining, entertainment and nightlife, thematic tours and learning experiences, tailored attraction-based experiences and distinctive team building activities.
Some specific examples include visitors getting to create their own bespoke cocktail using herbs and spices found in Singapore, right in the heart of a UNESCO World Heritage site, the Botanic Gardens. Or groups keen on discovering Singapore’s Silicon Valley can get to enjoy an insider’s tour of the One North vicinity, with exclusive fireside sharing sessions by founders and start-ups of successful businesses. And for those visitors who wish to immerse themselves in Singapore’s famed greenery, there is a private after-hours Garden Rhapsody show at Gardens by the Bay, complete with unrivalled city night views from the OCBC Skyway.
MICE groups that are travelling to Singapore between November 2019 and 31 December 2021 can apply for the INSPIRE programme. These groups should have a minimum of 20 foreign attendees and stay for at least three days in Singapore. Interested groups should register their interest by 31 March 2021.
For more information on INSPIRE, visit https://www.visitsingapore.com/mice/inspire
Copyright ©2022 All rights reserved. Northstar Travel Media Ltd, The Epworth, 25 City Road, London EC1Y 1AA, United Kingdom